Welcome Students and Early Careerists!
The Minnesota Chapter of ACHE (MN-ACHE) is proud to support students and early careerists through a variety of educational resources including reduced admittance to educational events and a reduced-rate ACHE membership.
Benefits of ACHE Student Membership and involvement with the Minnesota Chapter of ACHE
- Two Student-Board Representatives on MN-ACHE Board each year
- Reduced admission to ACHE-MN and University of Minnesota co- sponsored educational events for MHA or MBA students and faculty members
- Reduced cost admission to ACHE-MN special events such as the ACHE-MN Annual Meeting for all MHA and MBA students
- Student Mentoring Program to all ACHE student members
- Committee member opportunities where early careerists and student members can collaborate with ACHE executives across the country in solving some of the greatest challenges the healthcare industry faces today.
- Networking and professional development opportunities
In addition, MN-ACHE partners with The University of Minnesota, University of St. Thomas, and St. Mary’s University of Minnesota graduate programs to offer an array of ongoing professional development and educational opportunities.
Participate in your local MN chapter of ACHE for these top five reasons:
- Access chapter resources, including Web sites that offer local job postings and online membership directories.
- Network with executives who share your community commitment and discuss local healthcare news and challenges.
- Earn the FACHE credential with your peers! Chapters have the resources to conduct information sessions and study groups.
- Sharpen your leadership skills by serving on a chapter committee or task force.
- Attend educational programs that count toward earning or recertifying your ACHE credential without incurring hefty travel expenses.
To be eligible for Student Associate status, you must:
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in a four-year program in health services administration or related administrative field that leads to a bachelor’s degree, or be enrolled as a graduate student in such a program.
- Be enrolled in a healthcare management program where the program or college holds at least a regional accreditation.
- Provide ACHE with an official school document, such as an Enrollment Verification Report or transcript (fastest method), or have your Program Director verify your enrollment with this Student Attestation Form.
Note: Student associate status is limited to five years. Student Associate tenure does not count toward the three year tenure requirement to become a Fellow of ACHE (FACHE).
If you are currently a Fellow of ACHE (FACHE) and are changing your status to Student Associate, you will no longer be able to use your credential.
- $75 annually
Note: Your dues will be prorated depending on the date you join:
|Amount Due||$75||$37.50||$75 (Covers next year’s dues in full.)|
If you are currently a Member or Fellow, you will not be able to complete the application online. Please download a PDF version of the application instead and fax it to (312) 424-9405.
“ACHE student membership has been a valuable investment in preparing me for a professional career. ACHE’s focus on continuing education, networking and mentoring has provided me with invaluable guidance and direction from ACHE members. My student membership has given me the tools I need as I work to become a successful and committed leader.”
—Aisha Kazmi, Student Associate
The Early Careerist Network (ECN)
If you are a full Member or Fellow of ACHE, and you are under the age of 40, you automatically belong to the Early Careerist Network. The ECN’s resources, many of which are available online here, are designed to help you face the increasingly complex professional challenges you face. Build career momentum with the Early Careerist Network, with benefits that include the Early Careerist Newsletter, ACHE discounts, educational programs and networking and mentoring opportunities.
Learn more about the ECN here: https://www.ache.org/mbership/ecn/earlycareernetwork.cfm